Jun
12

From a lifelong bookworm ;)

Filed Under (My Posts) by on June 12, 2012 and tagged , , ,

Summer holiday’s just started. And it’s time to charge myself up to make a fresh start. Sure that it’ll be a fruitful year for me and my school. The best way to relax and charge up for me; sea and books. I’m always passionate about reading books so I want to share some fantastic videos and links about books that I’ve found before going on holiday.By the way I love the staircase in the photo that looks like a mysterious way to open an amazing library.

BIRTHDAY BESTSELLERS is a link that you can find a list of New York Times best sellers for the week of your birth. Just enter your date of birth and press ‘Show me the List’ button. You should check out the article for your kids ’50 Inspiring Children’s Books with a Positive Message’ by Julie Handler

THE FUTURE OF PRINT is a great documentary, was prepared by students, is about books, print and bookshops.

EPILOGUE: the future of print from EPILOGUEdoc on Vimeo.

This documentary is a humble exploration of the world of print, as it scratches the surface of its future. It is built upon interviews with individuals who are active in the Toronto print community and questions whether or not they expect to see the disapperance of the physical book within our lifetime.the act of reading a ‘tangible tome’ has devolved from being a popular and common pastime to one that no longer is. I hope for the film to stir thought and elicit discussion about the immersive reading experience and the lost craft of the book arts, from the people who are still passionate about reading on paper.
The other video about books that I love, The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore, is a 2011 American animated short film directed by William Joyce and Brandon Oldenburg.
This short film has received 14 awards, including the Audience Award at the Austin Film Festival, “Best Animated Short” at the Cinequest Film Festival, and the Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film.

There are many free links that you can read online. FREE e-BOOKS is a site has 100 free books that everyone should read. PROJECT GUTENBERG is an another site that offers over 39,000 free ebooks: choose among free epub books, free kindle books, download them or read them online. PLANET eBOOK is a home of classical literature. MANY BOOKS has more than 29,000 eBooks available for Kindle, Nook, iPad and most other eReaders, and they’re all free! TUMBLEBOOK LIBRARY is an online collection of animated, talking picture books which teach young children the joys of reading in a format they’ll love.
Have a nice holiday & keep reading ☺